Saturday 3 January 2009

How to make Banoffee Pie?

What is banoffee pie?

It is an English dessert made from BANANAS, cream and boiled condensed milk or TOFFEE, either on a pastry or crumbled biscuits and butter base.

First time I tried banoffee pie was at Delicious. It was divine. I always love anything with bananas. So instead of going to Delicious everytime I have banoffee-craving, I made them myself. But since I'm not good at making pastry, I made the one with crumbled biscuits base instead.

I found this easy recipe from Videojug but I made it with a slight alteration. I use 7 souffle cups instead of 1 9in spring-form.



: Ingredients :
400 g condensed milk
250 g Mcvitie's digestive biscuits - finely crushed
100 g butter - melted
250 ml fresh cream
Bananas
Dark chocolate

: How to make :
  • Insert the tin of condensed milk in a pot of boiling water for 3 hours. Remove tin and let it cool.

  • Mix biscuits with melted butter and stir well.

  • Press the biscuit mixture into the souffle cup and refrigerate for 15 mins.

  • Slice bananas and arrange them on top of the base. Make 2 layers of bananas.

  • Pour in the milk on top of the bananas and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 20 mins.

  • Whip cream until stiff and spread evenly on the pie. Refrigerate for 20 mins.

  • Grate chocolate on the pie and serve.

For a step-by-step video footage, click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

anis, instead of boil kan susu tin tu, leh ke kalau masak susu tu...?

Anis said...

blh jgk. ada one recipe from nestle dia masak susu tu.

100 g butter
100 g dark brown soft sugar
400 g condensed milk

melt butter and sugar. add milk and bring gently to boil, stir continuously to make caramel.