It is an English dessert made from BANANAS, cream and boiled condensed milk or TOFFEE, either on a pastry or crumbled biscuits and butter base.
First time I tried banoffee pie was at Delicious. It was divine. I always love anything with bananas. So instead of going to Delicious everytime I have banoffee-craving, I made them myself. But since I'm not good at making pastry, I made the one with crumbled biscuits base instead.
I found this easy recipe from Videojug but I made it with a slight alteration. I use 7 souffle cups instead of 1 9in spring-form.
: Ingredients :
400 g condensed milk
250 g Mcvitie's digestive biscuits - finely crushed
100 g butter - melted
250 ml fresh cream
: How to make :
- Insert the tin of condensed milk in a pot of boiling water for 3 hours. Remove tin and let it cool.
- Mix biscuits with melted butter and stir well.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the souffle cup and refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Slice bananas and arrange them on top of the base. Make 2 layers of bananas.
- Pour in the milk on top of the bananas and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 20 mins.
- Whip cream until stiff and spread evenly on the pie. Refrigerate for 20 mins.
- Grate chocolate on the pie and serve.
For a step-by-step video footage, click here.