Saturday, 3 January 2009

How to make Banoffee Pie?

What is banoffee pie?

It is an English dessert made from BANANAS, cream and boiled condensed milk or TOFFEE, either on a pastry or crumbled biscuits and butter base.

First time I tried banoffee pie was at Delicious. It was divine. I always love anything with bananas. So instead of going to Delicious everytime I have banoffee-craving, I made them myself. But since I'm not good at making pastry, I made the one with crumbled biscuits base instead.

I found this easy recipe from Videojug but I made it with a slight alteration. I use 7 souffle cups instead of 1 9in spring-form.



: Ingredients :
400 g condensed milk
250 g Mcvitie's digestive biscuits - finely crushed
100 g butter - melted
250 ml fresh cream
Bananas
Dark chocolate

: How to make :
  • Insert the tin of condensed milk in a pot of boiling water for 3 hours. Remove tin and let it cool.

  • Mix biscuits with melted butter and stir well.

  • Press the biscuit mixture into the souffle cup and refrigerate for 15 mins.

  • Slice bananas and arrange them on top of the base. Make 2 layers of bananas.

  • Pour in the milk on top of the bananas and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 20 mins.

  • Whip cream until stiff and spread evenly on the pie. Refrigerate for 20 mins.

  • Grate chocolate on the pie and serve.

For a step-by-step video footage, click here.

2 comments:

ucufan said...

anis, instead of boil kan susu tin tu, leh ke kalau masak susu tu...?

Embun a.k.a Anis said...

blh jgk. ada one recipe from nestle dia masak susu tu.

100 g butter
100 g dark brown soft sugar
400 g condensed milk

melt butter and sugar. add milk and bring gently to boil, stir continuously to make caramel.