Friday 17 April 2009

I am addicted to Online Shopping

It all started 4 years ago when I got my own desk with a computer and internet access for free. Yes. It’s at my workplace. Guilty as charged. I used my company’s assets for my personal pleasure.

Anyway, I started my online shopping at Ebay. I’d bought second hand books, perfumes, hair straightening iron and a few other knick-knacks. I paid thru Paypal using my credit card. Most of the items were from UK and it was sent to my sister’s address during her stay there.

But ever since she was back in Malaysia, I stop shopping online because I don’t trust international shipping plus it’s very costly and I don’t find anything that of my interest in the local online market.

Then my addiction starts again when I came across Emmagem, a local website about fashion and lifestyle where they have an extensive directory of Malaysian owned online shopping sites/blogs they called MOFSD. Furthermore, there are a few sites/blogs that post reviews on these online shopping sites/blogs i.e. A Shopaholic’s Den, Diary of an E-Shopaholic, Shopping Roll, etc.

With an overwhelming growth of online blogshops nowadays, I am spoilt with choices. Coupled with online banking, it just made shopping online a whole lot easier and faster. Just a click away to owning that gorgeous maxi dress or that trendy sling bag or even an eyeshadow in the hottest color of the season. All these without even leaving the comfort of my home because everything will be delivered to my doorstep.

S**t! I'm hooked!

Have you tried online shopping?

No comments: